30 mg - 100 Capsules
Zinc is provided in an advanced amino acid chelate complex for optimal absorption.
Zinc plays an important role in men’s health. More than 70% of men do not obtain the minimum daily requirement of zinc from their diets. This mineral is necessary for all aspects of male reproduction, including hormone metabolism and balance, prostate function, and sperm formation and motility.1
Zinc and Men’s Hormonal Balance
Zinc is one of the most important supplements for men’s health with the highest concentrations in the prostate gland.2 It is a key mineral in male sexual function and a protector nutrient against prostate cancer.1,3
Zinc deficiency syndromes in men can be present in different ways. For example, low testosterone and low sperm counts may be signs of a zinc deficiency.1 Men with excessive estrogen levels despite normal testosterone levels may also lack this mineral.4 Increased estrogen levels can result from elevated amounts of the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone to estrogen.4 Excess estrogen is also known as estrogen dominance.
For the aging male population, zinc supplementation can be indicated for several reasons. It inhibits the activity of the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that irreversibly converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone and may be helpful in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).1
DIM is a dietary supplement that can help the body metabolize excess estrogen. It is also said to be an aromatase inhibitor which means it prevents the aromatase enzyme from converting testosterone into estrogen.
Zinc and Immunity
“Adequate zinc intake is essential in maintaining the integrity of the immune system,5 and zinc deficient individuals are known to experience increased susceptibility to a variety of infectious agents.”6
Zinc's role in strengthening the immune system is rapidly being recognized as critical. Without enough zinc, the body cannot produce thymulin, a substance which helps make mature T-cells, some of the body's strongest defenders against infections and disease. The immune system weakens with age, and zinc deficiency may be partly to blame.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with food.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value
Zinc (as Zinc amino acid chelate) 30 mg 200%
Other Ingredients: Millet, Cellulose, Gelatin (capsule), Maltodextrin, Magnesium stearate.
1. Murray MT, Pizzorno JE. Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. 2nd ed. Rocklin, CA: Prima Publishing; 1998.
2. Burton Goldberg Group. Alternative Medicine. Tiburon, CA: Future Medicine Publishing Inc; 1997.
3. Pelton R, LaValle JB, Hawkins EB, et al. Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Handbook. 2nd ed. Cincinnati, OH: Natural Health Resources; 2001.
4. Schauss AG. Minerals, Trace Elements, and Human Health. 4th ed. Tacoma, WA: Biosocial Publications; 1999.
5. Baum MK, Shor-Posner G, Campa A. Zinc status in human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Nutr. 2000;130(5S Suppl):1421S-1423S.
6. Shankar, A.H. & Prasad, A.S. Zinc and immune function: the biological basis of altered resistance to infection. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1998; volume 68: pages 447S-463S.
7. Zini A, Fischer MA, Nam RK, Jarvi K. Use of alternative and hormonal therapies in male infertility. Urology. 2004;63:141-143.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.